Fall is a Great Time to Sell
In Michigan, the busiest season for real estate is summer. School is out, the weather is great, and people are looking to make a fresh start before the new school year begins. Typically, the market slows down once fall rolls in, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t still a great time to sell your home. Here are a 6 reasons why selling your home in the months of September, October, and November are still advantageous.
1. There are less houses for sale, so you have less competition to sell yours. When the market is flooded with possible homes for buyers, your home might not stand out from the crowd. Supply and demand apply even to the real estate market, and when supply is low, the demand from buyers is high and can often result in a multiple offer situation.
2. With less homes for sale, overall there is a decrease in the number of deals that are being processed by the people working for you. This means that you will receive better attention and service from your lender, contractors, and your Realtor (although hopefully your realtor is giving you A+ work regardless of how busy he/she is)
3. Buyers are motivated. Everyone wants to be in their new home before the holidays and before the West Michigan snow flies.
4. Your home shows well. Is there a better time to be in Michigan than fall? All of those leaves changing colors adds to your home’s curb appeal.
5. Home improvement bargains at stores like Lowes and Home Depot. Buying a fixer upper? Are there any last minute repairs on your home that would drastically increase its selling value? Fall is a great time to make those improvements for a low cost.
6. Your family is ready. Most importantly, sometimes it comes down to the fact that the timing is right for your family. Maybe you need more space. Maybe you need less space. If the house you are in is no longer a perfect fit for your family, any time of the year is the right time to make the move to finding your next home.
Are you ready to sell your home? Do you have questions about what its worth, what the selling process is like, or if now is the right time to sell your home? Contact me today.